Saturday, February 14, 2009

If You Want To Be More Loved...

... Be More Lovable! :)
*This note is 'one size fits all' :) and copied from the one I sent today to the YSC (Young Survival Coalition) group that I'm thankful to have found here at Gilda's in Seattle. Please forgive the sloppy formatting but Blogger doesn't seem to like it when I 'copy & paste!*

Hello Ladies :)

 I'm very happy (on this day of Love) to feel well enough to write
you a short note and to send you all some of the overflow of my
'loving cup'... which is 'very thankfully' being filled to the top...
and then some.  David is taking great care of me, my Mom is here from
Victoria and my Sister is on her way (from Victoria) as well.  I can
honestly say 'I've never felt so well loved'... and am very happy to
let you know that I'm actually feeling pretty good :)

 The past few days have been good and bad... fuzzy and clear... but
for the most part... not as bad as I had expected (Wednesday/11 @ 6am
was my 'turning point'). POST EDIT* It's now Tue/Feb/16 and reading this I just now realized my 'worst moment' was actually Thu/12 @ 6am... after my first night back @ home!  Lesson(s) learned: 1) Set alarm for about 3am to take pain meds and do so until you don't need it! and (2) Make sure to take an 'Anti Nausea' pill with your Muscle Relaxer if you're supposed to!!* END OF EDIT FEB/12 My surgery (as you probably already know)
went 'perfectly' and my Sentinel Nodes came back 'clean'... fingers &
toes are crossed for the same news on my breast tissue on
Wednesday/18th... and then I will let out a HUGE BREATH ... and get on
to getting through the rest of this... and not 'back to' but 'on
to'... Being ME :):)

 Hope you are all feeling Love on this day... and looking forward to
(very gently ;) hugging you (at Gilda's and elsewhere) soon!

 Lisa

PS... now David is going to (carefully/without wetting my dressings)
give me a bath... and then Mom is going to wash my hair in the kitchen
sink... Did I mention I was being 'well loved'?? :)

1 comment:

Nature Girl said...

Here's a little more love from me! So happy you are doing well! Hugs!

Carol
ox