Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Do You Have 5min 21 sec?

  For me, the most valued action that someone who cares about me can undergo... is to take a few minutes to do a little reading, researching on your own... to try to 'get your head around' what this whole Breast Cancer shituation (no, that's not a typo) 'feels' like.  

  I fully realize that no one (even if you've gone through it with a friend/family member/loved one who has battled the disease) can ever truly 'know' how this feels unless you actually 'live' it... I (from the bottom of the beginnings of my newly constructed boobs) hope that none of you (who aren't already doing so) have to 'live it'.  But maybe in 5min 21 sec to watch the video on the main page of the Young Survival Coalition website ... you could get a better understanding of wearing the 'bright pink shoes'... that nobody wants to wear...

  It's already been wonderful for me to have found this group of women, even though (so far) I've only been to one meeting and barely got to say 'hello' to some of them and introduce myself, before going in form my Bilateral Mastectomy w/Expanders on the day that would have been my second meeting.  I feel I have found some true kindred spirits there, and though I'd wish this disease on none of us... very much look forward to getting to know them better, share our laughter, tears, bravery & fears.  Maybe in a little under 5 1/2 min... you can 'feel' some of that wonderful feeling too... 

  Lisa xo

PS... Mantra for today... in preparation for tomorrow's appointments with Dr. Lee & Dr. Miles... "Lisa... Clear Margins... Lisa... Clear Margins... Lisa... Clear Margins... Lisa..." 

  If you have the extra 'stuff' in you... perhaps you could toss in a "Lisa... Surgical Drains Removed... Lisa... Surgical Drains Removed... Lisa..." BUT only if you have the extra to spare :)  If you don't have the 'extra stuff' No Problem!  The first one is the only one that really matters!! 

Thank you all for 'Chanting' with me :)

No comments: