Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happiness Is...


















{A Day At Camp Long/Oct, 11, 08}

Perhaps it's my 'wake up call' with my health on the line that brings everything into such sharp focus sometime... but for whatever reason... I love the three people in the photo with me so much it hurts... In a good way of course! :)  If there are any of you reading this that put off having regular medical checkups (mammograms or otherwise) out of fear or neglect or any other reason... try looking at it as something not for yourself but of everyone that loves you.  It is your responsibility to do all you can to make sure you take care of yourself!  Someone out there needs you! :)

  I've got some other 'real feelings' bumbling around inside of me (which I will get to) but for the 'facts' of where things are now... 

  I finally got someone to talk to me regarding the next steps and have my wire localized excisional biopsy scheduled for 10:15 am, Nov, 11th.  It is a 'day surgery' with normal pre-op preparation; no food or liquids you can't see through after midnight (does White Wine count? ... just kidding!) ahh... next on the list is 'No Alcohol' ... that answers that!  Nothing at all ingested three hours prior to arrival time (which is scheduled for 6 am... so no problem there as I generally don't eat/drink in my sleep... at least I don't think I do?!)  After the biopsy is done, they will hang onto me for a couple of hours and since I will only have a local with sedative and not a general anesthesia, I hope that I'll feel okay!  (generals tend to make me feel really nauseous).  I'm glad it's on a Tuesday as the results usually take about three days to come back; if this the case we'll have them on Friday and I won't have to wait over the weekend.  

  All of the following steps will hinge on the results of this upcoming biopsy.  If it's negative for Cancer in my right breast then I'll call myself 'lucky' and follow the footsteps of Sheryl Crow, having a lumpectomy on the left (as well as an additional excisional biopsy for the second area of calcifications on the the left).  If it comes back positive... I'll still dig down and call myself 'lucky' *laughs at herself* ... well... let's just get through this part first!! :)  

  That's the 'update'... how I really feel to follow!

No comments: