Friday, July 24, 2009

Light(s) ;) At The End of The Tunnel !

... I just copied this from an email I wrote to my friend Dar this morning... this pretty much sums up today :) Soon I'll fill in the space that was the past week...

I am happy to report that I'm feeling more like 'myself' than I have in a long time... physically and emotionally! It's a tremendous relief to see (and feel!) that these new breasts of mine are very ... 'real' :) I was sure that after the surgery and for the rest of my days that it would be immediately apparent that I had a 'boob job' and had resigned myself to the fact that I was just going to have to deal with it. I worried about being defensive and feeling the need to explain myself... (as I have felt the need to do for most of my life... with no real gain to anyone... including me!). You know, 'Oh, it wasn't by choice... ' blah blah blah... Anyhow... from the way things look now I don't even have to give that a second thought! Everything looks proportionate and fitting and humanlike... and I trust if I take good care it will stay that way :)

That said... I'm off to find another sports bra that fits me so at least I have a couple to rotate for the next month or so. I'm on instructions of 24/7 with a sports bra & compression strap around the base of my new breasts... funny thing is, that might sound uncomfortable... but compared to bare chested with the expanders in there... this feels like A Dream Come True :):)

Lisa xo

1 comment:

Rosalie said...

I'm glad you are doing better! :-P